Wednesday, February 23

Convincing Chris

Of the short stories I found, I particularly liked The Life You Save May Be Your Own by Flannery O'Connor. After reading her essay in our textbook, Crafting Fiction, I wanted to read some of her work. This story is about a drifter named Mr. Shiftlet who happens upon a widow woman and her daughter, both named Lucynell Crater. The story tells of what happens during their meeting.

My other pick is a classic favorite of mine that I happened to stumble across. Edgar Allan Poe's A Tell-Tale Heart is a chilling story of a man who kills his benefactor because of the benefactor's "Evil Eye." The calm flow of the story from the killer almost belies his insanity.

1 comment:

Riz said...

What's wrong with writing written by people whose hearts are still pumping?