Wednesday, March 30

Jenna Goes to Work

My ringing cell phone snatched my attention. Looking at the clock before opening it, I sighed.

"Shit! I know I'm late Camille. I'll pick you up in two minutes."

"Jenna, we can't afford to be late to this gig. It's the biggest one of the year."

"Right. I'm there," I offered lamely while looking in the mirror. Tonight I was an Indian belly dancer, escaped from the harem. My hair was wound tightly in a bun on top of my head. The gold chandeliers cascading from my earlobes were hollow and nearly weightless, but for their sheer size. I looked like I had stepped into an "I Dream of Jeanie" costume--except the chest hugging top was cut higher on the bottom and lower on top, and the billowy bottoms began at the crest of my butt cleavage. That, and Jeanie never wore four inch stilettos. The shoes made me a towering 6'3", but they also made my legs look like they went for miles. My eye make-up would've made Cleopatra blush. Damn I looked good.

I threw the translucent mask into my purse along with the pound and a half of gold bracelets I would put on before going in. I donned my extra-long black coat. So what if it was late in the season? You always need a jacket in Utah.

Heidi tossed an automatic, "Have fun..." my way, never taking her eyes from the screen of her laptop. I took the stairs as quickly and carefully as my shoes would allow. Waiting for Gretta to warm up, I flexed and pointed my feet in the shoes working the definition of my calves. When I arrived at Camille's she and Alisa came out before I could honk. Camille the run-of-the-mill Playboy Bunny and Alisa dressed to the nines as a business professional.

Camille handed me the directions as she and Alisa made themselves comfortable in the car.

"This is outside?!" I questioned in shock, reading the map.

"Yup."

"I'll freeze! You can practically see through this top as it is, now they'll see everything!"

"Meh, makes for better tips," Camille flipped down the passenger-side visor to check her lipstick, while Alisa muffled her wayward giggle. I shook my head, turned off the dome light and drove toward the mouth of the canyon.

No comments: