Sunday, January 8

Kissing on the First Date

This past week I visited a friend in Provo. I was there from Tuesday night until Saturday afternoon. I had a date Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Here is a brief synopsis of what transpired...

Wednesday
Lunch with Jesse at Mi Ranchito. Perhaps you will think me a heinous bitch, but I nearly laughed out loud when he began speaking and his open mouth revealed Billy Bob teeth. No, wait! These were his real teeth! Then the fact that he couldn't make simple conversation to save his life (his excuse for the silence was that he was eating, and he was attracted to me so he was acting shy--WTF???) was another serious strike against him. Rachel, my friend that I stayed with, and I voted no. Actually, it was more like HELL NO.

Thursday
Lunch with Justin at the Pizza Factory. He met us at the door, which he opened. Made great conversation--which includes us laughing really, really hard (always a bonus)--and then paid for our meals, which we totally didn't expect. Rachel ended up having the hots for him, he texted her Saturday night to go to a concert, but she missed it. They have tentative plans to do something in the near future. Needless to say, we voted yes on Justin.

Friday
Dinner with Chase at Tucci's. Originally I was supposed to go out alone with Chase, but his friend John David (JD) decided it would be fun to come along. I had to beg, plead, and eventually yell at Rachel to go with me. Because of the change in number, rather than Chase coming down to Provo, we drove to Salt Lake. When their drunken roommate Nick found out we were going to Vortex (a trashy night club) he wanted to come, too. 30 minutes later we were still waiting and JD had disappeared as well. Chase asked if we would mind waiting in the car for a few minutes while he rounded them up. 20 minutes later he came out alone apologizing profusely for their behavior, and calling them unreliable. We decided to go to dinner. Getting to the restaurant took about 10-15 minutes. Just after we had been seated, Chase's phone rang. Nick had decided he wanted to come and was walking down a busy highway. Falling over himself to apologize, Chase asked if we wanted to just leave or if we cared if he brought them back. We decided to wait at the restaurant for him to bring them back. About 40 minutes later he arrives with not only drunken Nick in tow, but now-plastered/high beyond belief JD as well (keep in mind: I had yelled at Rachel to come because she didn't want to, and JD was supposed to be her date...). After a strained dinner where Chase was constantly apologizing to us, or our waiter Jammer for JD's behavior (which consisted of him repeating the F word time and again, and practically shouting, "Lick balls!"), Chase managed to usher JD to the car. The drive home was rather uneventful, other than the revelation that while Chase was taking JD to the car he had managed to pee on a piling in the parking garage. JD had passed out by the time we arrived back at their apartment, and Nick staggered inside. Chase said, "Come talk to me for a second." So as we made our way toward Rachel's truck he apologized again for their behavior and asked, "Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?" I'm not gonna lie, I had wanted to kiss him since I had laid next to him on the Love Sac when we first arrived. But watching how kind he was to Rachel, and his endless patience when dealing with his shit-faced roommates had only proven to me that he was a worthwhile guy. As we had been walking to Rachel's truck I had looped my arm through his. After he stopped apologizing I said, "Let me think..." at which point I pivoted him using his arm, placed my hand on his face and kissed him soundly. And DAMN if that wasn't a good kiss! The first words out of his mouth were a mildly serious, "I have a bedroom..." I laughed, kissed him again, and said that I wouldn't mind seeing him again before walking away. Rachel called me a whore. I said he worked hard for it.

I also decided that forevermore I am going to make the first move, cause that was just too much fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now THAT's awesome!

- Flint