Monday, April 24

The Relativity of Truth

I'm pretty sure I broke a kid's heart today. Man...this sucks. The worst part is, I didn't even do anything wrong! I didn't lead him on, or pretend to be something I wasn't, or go behind his back with someone else. I just told him the truth.

When you are growing up adults always tell you it is best to tell the truth. They never tell you how hard it is. They never tell you that it hurts more, and that's why people lie in the first place. They always leave out that a lot of times someone gets hurt by the truth. As much as this does suck, I know it's best in the end.

Because if I hadn't told the truth I would've had to compromise who I am, and things I've promised myself. I'm not willing to do that.

Bah, why are relationships and life so complicated?!

No comments: